An association has numerous rules and legal restrictions. We offer adivce to associations that are both legal and ethical based on current Florida rules.
Homeowners associations and condominiums usually consist of residential assets managed through a Board of Directors that is elected by the association’s homeowners. Membership is mandatory once an individual purchases a parcel of real estate situated within the association. State laws, local bylaws, and organizational rules all regulate the management of the community. Since the Board typically consists of home owners in the association, their goal is usually to make the best decisions that will ultimately enhance the value of the homes and of those of the other association members.
We provide legal advice and serve as general counsel to boards of directors and act on their behalf on the following areas:
- Representation at the board of directors monthly meetings
- Representation at the unit owner annual and special meetings
- Interpretation and amendment of corporate by-laws and proprietary leases
- Collecting unpaid fees including late common charges and association charges
- Conducting lawsuits and foreclosure actions to collect unpaid charges
- Enforcement of declarations of covenants and bylaws against community members who are non-compliant
- Drafting and reviewing covenant, use, and occupancy documents
- Real estate law representation, including evaluations and tax issues
- Representation of the association in all legal litigation matters
- Management or vendor-related contracts for operation, reconstruction, construction, maintenance, and repair
We have assisted homeowners associations in disputes between unit owners, property title matters, and the use of common and limited common areas. In addition, we have assisted clients with the conversion of existing buildings into condominiums and development of new construction condominiums.
We offer various pricing solutions to best serve your HOA needs:
- Hourly Counseling: clients opt for this solution if they have a simple question or issue that can be resolved quickly and without complication
- Retained Counsel: is a solution that is preferred by most associations where we act as their representative in most of the areas mentioned above, and since we are facing issues together, we are intimately familiar and can address any issue quickly and efficiently.
Please schedule an appointment so we can find which solution works best for your needs.